AiCam turns your old iPhone into a security camera. It detects human, animal, vehicle and sends you notifications. You can watch recorded videos or view live camera feed from other devices. All data are stored locally on your device or optionally on your private iCloud account.
1. Use an old, unused phone as your camera. Fixate it facing where you want to monitor, like your living room, front door, backyard. Connect the phone to a charger for long use.
2. Go to app Home screen, tap on Event card. Select one or more events to monitor.
Note: If you select Familiar Face or Unfamiliar Face event, you'll need to import photos of familiar faces. Go to Person screen, select "Add person" and import portrait photos of that person.
3. Install AiCam app on other iOS devices if you want to receive notifications of detected events or view live camera stream. New devices will show up in Device screen (it may take several minutes after first install to synchronize data from iCloud).
4. Make sure monitoring mode is enabled (the shield icon in the Home screen is green). Then tap on the Camera card to start watching and recording events.
The symbols in the Camera screen have the following meanings:
5. To review event footage, open History screen. If iCloud is enabled, data will be synchronized across all devices. Otherwise, data stay in the same camera device. Events older than X days (configurable in the Setting screen) will automatically be deleted.
If you have problems with AiCam, we'll be available for support in our Discord community.