AiCam turns your old iPhone into a security camera. It sends you notifications based on AI alarm triggers. You can watch recorded videos or view live camera feed from other devices. All data are stored locally on your device or optionally on your private iCloud account.
1. Use an old, unused phone as your camera. Fixate it facing where you want to monitor, like your living room, front door, backyard. Connect the phone to a charger for long use.
2. Go to app Home screen, tap on Triggers card. Select one or more triggers to monitor.
Note: If you select "Familiar Face" trigger, you'll need to import photos of familiar faces. Tap on the gear symbol, select "Add person" and import portrait photos of that person.
3. Install AiCam app on other iOS devices if you want to receive notifications of detected events or view live camera stream. New devices will show up in Devices screen (it may take several minutes after first install to synchronize data from iCloud).
Note: You must use the same iCloud account for both camera device and viewer device
4. Make sure monitoring mode is enabled (the shield icon in the Home screen is green). Then tap on the Camera card to start watching and recording events.
The symbols in the Camera screen have the following meanings:
5. To review event footage, open History screen. If iCloud is enabled, data will be synchronized across all devices. Otherwise, data stay in the same camera device. Events older than X days (configurable in the Settings screen) will automatically be deleted.
If you have problems with AiCam, we'll be available for support.
Last updated: 2022-09-21